Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hope in a New Light

It started out as a conversation on Etsy. He liked my "hope" charm and wanted it made into something for his lady friend; preferably a bracelet. I remember thinking that there are two charms in my shop that say "hope", and both of them are probably too big for a bracelet. I really wanted to help this customer though, so I did a little more thinking and came up with a possible way to turn one of the charms into a bracelet. This charm is really made for hanging on a necklace, but I figured out a way to turn it sideways and even used the existing ring as part of the design. I looked at the "hope" charm in a new light :) He also had some other requests: he liked the love kanji charm, an angel, and a key charm, and also wanted the bracelet to be easy to put on. After a rough draft and a few adjustments, this is the result!

We incorporated all the elements he requested into a stretch bracelet made with clear Czech glass beads and blue and green aquamarine gemstone beads. It is surprisingly lightweight and the colors are neutral enough that it can be worn often.

I'm so excited about this design that I'm looking into possibly making another one to put on my website. I have other word charms that would work: love, faith, joy, and namaste; and I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great job! You are so wonderfully creative!

Suzanne said...

Great job! You are sooooo creative!!